Fresh Pico De Gallo Salsa
Prep time: 10 minutes or less
Cook time: N/A
I love making this Fresh Salsa Recipe, especially during the summer (and also the rest of the year)! This Fresh Salsa Recipe goes great with many healthy Mexican dishes and it is a great healthy dip option to bring and / or serve at a party with some chips! You can use this Fresh Salsa with your tacos, nachos, burritos, burrito bowls, enchilada, chili, beans, salads, quinoa salads, soups, flatbreads, taquitos, and more! This Fresh Salsa Recipe is perfect to make ahead of time during a Sunday food prep session and use it during the week for your healthy vegetarian / vegan Mexican meals. And not to mention, another wonderful way to use those tasty Jersey Fresh tomatoes! Hope you enjoy this Fresh Salsa Recipe as much as I do!
- ½ cup of finely chopped red onion
- 1 large tomato seeded and diced
- ½ cup of fresh cilantro chopped
- ½ teas salt
- ½ teas black pepper
- 1 T olive oil
- Juice of a lime (about a T)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Place the fresh salsa in the refrigerator and chill until you are ready to serve it.