Green Bean Salad with Manchego Cheese and Truffle Honey White Balsamic Vinaigrette
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
This is one of those green bean recipes that will make you love green beans! I’m a lucky girl to live in Old City Philly and super close to one of my favorite restaurants – Amada! Amada is an amazing Spanish tapas place – and they really make one of the best cheese plates ever! In the cheese plate, they pair Manchego cheese with truffle honey – this flavor combination makes me really happy! I wanted to include this delightful flavor pairing in one a healthy dish and this is what I came up with! I am also fortunate to have access to the best store for cheese and cheese accompaniments – Di Bruno Brothers! Di Bruno Brothers has a great white truffle honey! If you don’t live in Philly, that is ok – they have a website where you can order!
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 T white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teas grainy mustard
- 1 teas white truffle honey
- 1 small shallot finely minced
- ¼ teas salt
- ¼ teas pepper
- 3 cups of green beans (with ends cut off and cut into 1-inch or 1.5 inch pieces)
- ¼ cup green onions chopped
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- ½ of a pink lady apple chopped
- 2 oz of shaved Manchego cheese
- In a sauce pan, put green beans in and cover with an inch of water.
- Bring to a boil, and boil for 5 minutes.
- Drain green beans in a colander and run cold water over beans for 1 minute.
- In a small mixing bowl, add all dressing ingredients and whisk together until well combined.
- In large mixing bowl, add green beans, green onions, pecans, apples and dressing.
- Top with cheese.