Heartburn Relief Veggie Soup
- 2 cups finely chopped celery
- 1 large white onion chopped
- 1 cup carrots chopped
- 2 T olive oil
- 7 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 teas freshly grated ginger
- 6 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 teas salt
- 1/2 teas black pepper
- 2 teas turmeric
- 1 1/2 teas fennel seeds
- 1/2 teas cumin
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup brown rice (I used Rice Select Jasmati Brown Rice – http://www.riceselect.com/products/jasmati-and-kasmati/ I get mine at Wegman’s)
- 1 cup fresh spinach chopped
Over medium-high heat in Dutch oven or pot, with the olive oil, sauté celery, onions, and carrots for 10 minutes.
Turn down to medium and add garlic and ginger and sauté for 2 more minutes.
Add broth, salt, black pepper, turmeric, fennel seeds, cumin and chopped parsley.
Turn heat back up to medium high and simmer for 5 minutes uncovered, and then 5 more minutes covered.
Remove the lid, and add the rice, and stir and bring to a boil.
Turn heat down to medium-low, put the lid back on and simmer for 35-45 minutes (until rice is fully cooked).*
When rice is cooked, remove lid and add spinach, and cooked for a few more minutes until spinach is wilted.
*Cooking times may take a little longer, depending on your brand of rice.
Celery is great for heart burn! For another tasty Heart Burn Relief Recipe, check out my Instant Pot Celery Zucchini Soup Recipe!