A big bunch of Collard Greens showed up in my organic produce delivery from MistfitsMarket. Collard Greens remind me of southern food, which also reminds me of pimento cheese. I thought it would be a great idea to incorporate both in one of my Vegetarian Risotto Recipes! It turned out amazing! If you love collard greens and pimento cheese, then you will LOVE this Vegetarian Risotto Recipe! With the Instant Pot, you can enjoy Risotto without all the stirring!
Instant Pot Pimento Cheese and Collard Greens Risotto
- 1 large sweet Vidalia onion chopped
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 teas black pepper
- 1 teas salt
- 8 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 bunch of collard greens chopped (wash and remove the stems first)
- 2/3 cup dry white wine (I used 1/3 pinot grigio and 1/3 sherry)
- 1 1/2 cup Arborio rice
- 1 4 oz jar of diced pimento peppers
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 teas crushed red pepper
- 1 4 oz of extra sharp white cheddar shredded (I used Trader Joe’s Dubliner)
- 1 4 oz of extra sharp yellow cheddar shredded (I used Wegman's) (reserve about 2 T finely shredded for topping)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
Set Instant Pot to sauté, and sauté onion with olive oil, ½ teas salt and ½ teas black pepper for 5-7 minutes.
Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute more (add more olive oil if you need to).
Add collard greens and sauté for 1 minute more.
Add white wine, and sauté for 1 minute more.
Add rice, stir to combine, and sauté for 1 minute more.
Turn off Instant Pot.
Add 3 ¾ cups of the broth, pimento peppers, ¼ teas crushed red peppers, and stir to combine.
Place lid on and set vent to seal.
Set Instant Pot to manual for 6 minutes (will take about 10-15 minutes to come to pressure).
Meanwhile, shred your cheese.
When Instant Pot timer is complete, quick release.
Remove lid and add ¼ cup of broth, and stir until well combined.
Add cheddar and parmesan cheese, ½ teas black pepper, ½ teas salt and ¼ teas crushed red pepper and stir well.
Serve in bowls with a little extra cheese on top of desired.
Try making this Vegetarian Risotto Recipe on a food prep Sunday for some weekday meals. You can enjoy this ALL week for lunches or dinners. This makes around 5 hearty servings.
You can also try another one of my Vegetarian Risotto Recipes on a food prep Sunday too. Be sure to also check out: Instant Pot Spinach and Artichoke Dip Risotto, Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Risotto, Instant Pot Zucchini Risotto, and Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto with Spinach, Manchego Cheese and Cilantro Lime Crema .