Instant Pot Zucchini Risotto
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25-30 minutes
The Instant Pot makes perfect Risotto! This will be the first of many Instant Pot Risotto Recipes, because I cannot get enough. Typically, with risotto recipes (without the Instant Pot), it requires lots of attention with all the stirring. It is usually worth all the effort, since risotto is awesome, but now that I know how it is to make risotto with the Instant Pot, I will never make risotto without it. With the Instant Pot – no constant stirring required! This first risotto recipe here features zucchini which is a delightful summer vegetable!
- 7 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 T olive oil
- ½ cups dry white wine
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 4 cups of vegetable or chicken broth + ¼ cup
- 1 cup white cheddar shredded (I used Irish Dubliner Cheddar) (plus 1-2 T finely shredded for topping)
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 3 medium sized zucchinis shredded
- ¼ teas crushed red pepper
- ½ teas black pepper
- ½ teas salt
- Set Instant Pot to sauté, and sauté garlic with olive oil for 1-2 minutes.
- Add white wine, and sauté for 1 minute more.
- Add rice and stir to combine.
- Turn off Instant Pot.
- Add broth, stir to combine.
- Place lid on and set vent to seal.
- Set Instant Pot to manual for 6 minutes (will take about 10 minutes to come to pressure).
- When complete, quick release.
- Remove lid and add zucchini, cheese, salt, crushed red pepper, and black pepper, ¼ cup of broth, and stir well.
- Serve in bowls with a little extra cheese on top if desired.