Italian White Bean Hummus
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: N/A
This Hummus Recipe is an Italian twist on the classic Hummus Recipe! This Hummus Recipe tastes great with Fresh Italian Bread (mine was from my favorite Italian bakery – Aversa’s in Brigantine, NJ). I also had some fresh parsley and oregano that I used in this recipe, that came right from my sister Becky’s garden in Brigantine! This recipe makes a lot, so you can use this Hummus Recipe to make for a crowd! Or this can be great to include on a Meatless Monday to use throughout the week for snacks, sandwiches, wraps and lunches throughout the week! If you have a Vitamix – I would say definitely use it to make this recipe – it is absolutely perfect for making Hummus!
- 1 15.5 oz. can of garbanzo beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 15.5 oz. can of great northern beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 teas fresh parsley
- 1 teas fresh oregano
- 2 T lemon juice
- 2 T olive oil
- 3 T tahini
- ¼ teas black pepper
- ¼ teas crushed red peppers
- ½ teas salt
- ¾ cup water
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor (I recommend the Vitamix).
- Blend until smooth and creamy
- Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with olive oil, parsley and crushed red peppers (if desired).
- Serve with bread, pita chips, veggies, crackers, etc., or use in a sandwich or wrap.