Thai Red Curry Coconut Veggie Noodle Soup
I love Thai food! I have been craving some tasty Thai Veggie Noodles. There was a great Thai restaurant that was close to my work, but it moved to a location that is too far to travel to during the work day. I also need to find one that is close to home. So, I decided to make some of my own version of Thai Veggie Noodles to take care of this craving (while also keeping it healthy of course)! Thai Veggie Noodles are very delicious and taste great as leftovers as well.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 red onion chopped
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 T freshly grated ginger
- 2 ½ T Thai red curry paste
- 2 T lemongrass paste
- 4 cups of vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 13.5 oz. can of unsweetened light coconut milk
- 2 T Thai sweet chili sauce
- 7.7 oz. package of brown rice noodles cooked to package directions
- ½ teas salt
- 1 teas chili powder
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- ¼ cup of basil chopped
- Juice of a small lime
in a Dutch oven with olive oil, over medium heat, sauté peppers, carrots, celery and onions for 5 minutes.
Add garlic and ginger and sauté for 2 more minutes.
Add Thai red curry paste and stir for about a minute until melted.
Add lemongrass paste and stir for about a minute until melted.
Add broth and coconut milk, chili powder, and salt.
Turn heat up to medium high and cook for 15 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium low, and add noodles, cilantro and basil and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add juice of lime and serve.