Quinoa Caprese Salad
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: N/A (if quinoa is cooked and cooled ahead of time)
Quinoa Salad Recipes are perfect for making during the summer. It is mid-summer in Philadelphia, which means it is pretty hot and humid (which makes it feel even hotter)! And cool Quinoa Salad Recipes are ideal! Knowing that it was going to be a hot week, I made this during a food-prep Sunday (nice make ahead meal) to be able to have for a few lunches during the week. I also had some delicious Jersey tomatoes to use, I can find so many ways to use Jersey tomatoes during the summer!
- 2 small cloves of garlic minced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil chopped
- 1 T fresh oregano chopped
- 1 large tomato seeded and diced
- ½ teas salt
- ½ teas black pepper
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 cups of cooked quinoa (cooled)
- 8 oz of fresh mozzarella cheese, cut in small cubes
- Combine garlic, parsley, basil, oregano, tomato, salt, pepper and olive oil in a large mixing bowl.
- Then add quinoa, fresh mozzarella cheese to the mixing bowl and combine well.
- You can serve this immediately, or refrigerate until you are ready to serve.